Choose now to live your Life in Balance. Beauty. Harmony.
... Welcome to Angels By The Sea: where Intuition Meets Nutrition.
beautiful new website here
come let's hang out on facebook for gorgeous community
and for feng shui: here, always.
I'd love to know what's going on with You? Psychic coaching? you'll get- and learn- it here!

Friday, March 20, 2009

Gratitude vs. Appreciation

How do you feel about this statement, a thought of the day by Abraham-Hicks?


"Take the worthiness that is yours, and let the "Fairies of the Universe" assist you. Stop taking so much responsibility upon yourself, and live happily ever after.
Shorten that crevasse between where you are and where you want to be, on every subject, to now, now, now, now, now. Ride the wave.

Just pluck the fruit... You don't have to be the one who puts it in the ground any more. You can just skip across the top of things and pluck the fruit of all of the things you want. "Oh, fruit. Oh, delicious this, delicious this, delicious this, delicious this."
In other words, it's all right there for you; it's ready for you to receive it as fast and as soon as you will vibrationally let it in."


A few years ago, this would have me squirming in my seat! "What about those who do put the seeds in the ground?" I would be thinking, "Surely it's not fair if I come and skim the goodness off the top for myself?"


What an example of scarcity mentality! If we open our ears and minds and look for the evidence all around us, life becomes a magnificent, abundant playground provided for the enjoyment of our senses. Relationships become playful, rich, learning, interactive experiences... the creation of our families and career and travel as we go along become magnificent unfolding of what we love best...



It really is so incredibly beautiful, the pattern of life, the energy that weaves it all together, when we get a glimpse of the way we were truly meant, as human beings, to live!







~~~







Sometimes my life is so beautiful I want to cry, and I wonder how I got so lucky. I have a magnificent, generous husband with a career he adores and his own wacky, independent life. I live in the most beautiful places on earth and can drink, eat, think about, and spend my time any way I like. Counting my blessings, I walk the tightrope of sincere gratitude and sometimes still fall into the abyss of "I'm not worthy..."




When this happens, I remember wise words on the difference between Gratitude and Appreciation. Gratitude, although beneficial; is a fervent prayer. We can be grateful, and feel as if whatever we're thankful of won't last or is in short supply. It's because gratitude is ownership, and we're in possession. Appreciation, on the other hand, is an outside perspective. When we express sincere appreciation, we appreciate the beautifulness we're enjoying without neediness or holding on. We are the "innocent bystander" beholding the riches life is placing before us.



Like watching a ballet, or savouring a glass of Penfolds Grange '88 at the Fifth element wine bar in Brisbane's southbank...
The magnificence of life was put here for our admiration. And there's no reward the universe seeks other than us to clap our hands in delight and say, "Oh, how wonderful! Isn't it divine! Lucky, lucky us!"





pic 1: a beautiful view from byron bay lighthouse, Australia's most easterly point; pic 2: a gorgeous lunch at chill on tedder

No comments: