Choose now to live your Life in Balance. Beauty. Harmony.
... Welcome to Angels By The Sea: where Intuition Meets Nutrition.
beautiful new website here
come let's hang out on facebook for gorgeous community
and for feng shui: here, always.
I'd love to know what's going on with You? Psychic coaching? you'll get- and learn- it here!

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Truly, Madly, Raw-ly... and a recipe

www.samanthahoney.com
If you knew what I know about the power of giving, you would not let a single meal pass without sharing it in some way. --Buddha


Fancy sharing my raw lunch?


Since completing more of my IIN studies I've become deliciously tempted to go RAW.  And through listening to raw-foodie friends and resources....plus sages like Natasha St Michael- who used a raw food diet to cure PCOS; David Wolfe , THE raw food guru; and UK's own Gillian McKeith- I'd love to encourage you to enjoy two or three meals, most days, eating raw too.


I kind of get overwhelmed with juicing talk, discussions of acai, goji berries and raw cacau.  I wanna take this stuff slow.  One resource I'll be using is the Raw Food Institute's Raw-gust- all this month they're offering free support to raw food enthusiasts!  If you want to also get a feel for how fun and delicious raw food can be, visit Rawfully Tempting- Barbara is a talented lady with a fantastic site and recipe collection.  I promise you'll be as excited as me at the possibilities...


Just quickly- why would I like to, and encourage others, to "go raw"?  

  1. Going raw is a sexy concept... with sexy promises... and NO-ONE's profiting.  There are a million ways to do this and yes, you can buy a book, or a cleanse, or get support from a health coach or other professional with this but- you don't have to.  You just begin... by upping your intake of fresh -preferably organic- washed, vegetables and fruits. Our own bodies and healthy life are what's benefiting, here!
  2. It promises us more energy, freed up by quicker and less taxing digestion on the body.  So much energy is wasted on digestion.  That why, when we're really ill, we have no appetite.  The body is using all it's energy for healing. Digestion just doesn't get a look-in.
  3. It's a diet high in active enzymes which are destroyed when food is heated over 110F- enzymes which are the key to a healthy, vital life- that we gradually lose as we age, unless we ingest them.  
  4. It aids healing and can reverse many of our modern diet-induces sicknesses- example here.  
  5. Owning-up:  I'm a greedy, girly girl :P- and, on our plates, raw food looks pretty, is great for weight-loss and tastes fantastic.  I can't think of more reasons why I'd like to enjoy more raw food in my life (oh yes I can.  Clean and green, organic, intuition-enhancing, free from artificial ingredients...) and why it can assist you in any of the goals you have for a healthier lifestyle, too.


But notice I say- "enjoy more raw food".  "Going raw" sounds so scary- like- I'll never eat a cooked meal again!  That's SO not what this share with you is about.  Instead, here's my thoughts on going... eating... living Raw...



  • You probably eat more raw than you know.  Fruit and nuts for breakfast.  A big salad filled with rainbow colours topped with sliced avocado for lunch.  Carrot, celery and broccolini dipped in hummous (from sproutde chickpeas) as a snack.
  • I wanna learn how to make almond yoghurt.  Cashew nut cheese.  This is an adventure!
  • Proof of the pudding re: superfoods:  Recently, I bumped into a man who I hadn't seen for 5 years.  In our conversation back then, he was complaining about his wife making him drink Spirulina every morning.  Seeing him the other week, he looked younger than he did those 5 years ago.  His skin was smoother, more hydrated.  Curious, I asked him if he was still taking the supplement.  He responded that he wouldn't go without it now!  Myself, I've been taking blue-green algae for a few months.  When my supply ran out last month I was without it for almost a week.  I felt waaaay more thirsty, and noticed my skin looked more tired.  Both Spirulina and BlueGreen algae are superfoods, a high source of natural and complete protein with amazing benefits proven and disproven.  But in my mind they are the real deal.  I've tasted the pudding.
  • Bit of crunch for thought: we think we'll miss cooked food.  But really, what we're craving is texture and flavours.  Cheese, for instance, is a creamy, salty taste.  Pureed fresh corn kernels with soy sauce could fit this taste...  
  • Last, I enjoy surprising my husband and myself with really healthy, tasty treats.  No more "fajitas again!  prawn or chicken?"  It's time to freshen up.  Take health and vitality to the next level.  And enjoy the extra energy raw food provides.  
www.samanthahoney.com

LUNCH:

Sweet Nut Salad with Tahini 'Mayonnaise'

3 cups mixed leaves
1 cup baby spinach
1/2 apple, peeled and sliced
Handful chopped walnuts
Handful chopped hazelnuts
1/2 cup fresh or frozen garden peas

Tahini mayonnaise:
1 tablespoon tahini
1/2 small onion, diced or 2 shallots, diced
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1/2 teaspoon honey
Black pepper, to taste.

  • Combine all the salad ingredients in a large bowl
  • Place all the 'mayo' ingredient in a clean jar, and shake well til combined.
  • Divide the salad between 2 plates, tip over the 'mayo' (you should have enough for another day too!), garnish with black pepper, and serve.
oh! I also love sprinkle over all my savoury dishes- raw and otherwise- Clearspring's Nori flakes- any seaweed flakes will do, to include this deliriously beneficial superfood into our diets- a sprinkle is so palatable, and infinitely better than none! 


Be well!
With love,
Samantha.


No comments: